The Office of the Privacy Commissioner was integrated into the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1 November 2010. For recent Corporate information of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner see: http://www.oaic.gov.au/about/corporate.html
The former Office of the Privacy Commissioner developed a number of policies and strategies to help it to operate effectively, strategically and responsibly in the performance of all its key functions and activities. These policies will over time be updated to reflect the new Office's functions and responsibilities.
The policies of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, as at 31 October 2010:
- Client Service Charter: we aim to provide quality service. Take a look at the service standards we follow.
- Reconciliation Action Plan: have a look at the practical steps our Office is taking to address reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
- Corporate Partnership and Sponsorship Policy: our Office follows a policy when entering partnership or sponsorship arrangements. Find out more...
Other places to go...
- Annual reports: find out about our activities and operations in previous financial years.
- Legal services expenditure reports: every year, the Office is required to publish its legal services expenditure.
- Senate documents: our Office is required to publish records relating to new files it has created and certain contracts it has entered into.